With an increase in consumer demand, there is also an increase in manufacturing. As a result, the need for freight shipping has grown. Most shippers don’t want to deal with the logistics of the shipping process though. The hassle of shipping makes it more appealing to work with a broker. Brokers make sure a carrier is on the right route, and that load delivery is on time. Brokers also make sure drivers are up-to-date on insurance and are compliant with the Department of Transportation.
Brokers act on behalf of a shipper to contact a freight carrier to transport the shippers’ goods. Freight brokers provide outsourced logistics for supply chains with shipping needs. The process is simple for the shipper. Connect with a Broker, fill out the necessary paperwork, and let the broker handle the rest.
There is more that goes into the shipping process that makes a Broker beneficial to a shipper:
- Brokers take the time and guesswork out of picking a carrier. They are experts in the industry and know the going freight rates to make sure the shipper gets the best rate.
- Brokers make sure shippers fill out all paperwork to remove any shipping delays.
- Brokers handle the shipping process from start to finish to allow shippers to focus on other priorities.
- Brokers know who the reliable carriers are and can connect them with shippers.
- Brokers understand the needs of the industry. They make sure package pick up, and delivery is on-time, with no problems.
- Brokers help carriers by filling their trucks.
- Brokers understand shipping rates. Their connections with carriers can provide the best price for the shipper.
- Brokers receive a discount, saving the shipper money in the process.
- Brokers allow shippers to focus on their job rather than finding a carrier for their products. As a result, shippers are more productive and turn more product.
Having a Broker handle the process of shipping products provides many benefits. Especially for a business lacking knowledge and time to do so. Lawrence Freight has established carrier relationships. They can service any shipment for any customer at any time with a high level of personal service. Customers enjoy having a broker as one point of contact to guide them through the process.
To find out more about Lawrence Freight’s brokerage service, visit our freight website or contact Lawrence Freight at (800) 336-9626